10/18/10

High Maintenance Vulva?


While talking to my editor friend, Marj , she says “It’s actually a vulva, not vagina.  The vagina is actually a canal.  So what we are really talking about is the vulva.”

Have you ever really looked at the anatomy of the vagina?  I mean Vulva?   


Have you ever looked at yours?  I mean really look at it.  Up close and personal.   I have.  Mine.  And possibly yours if you’ve been up at my office.   I guess I never really realized how many different vaginas there are out there, until I started waxing in 2007.  I always thought they all looked like mine.  I used to come home from work and draw the different vaginas, labia, inner labia, clit, hood on the white board for my roommates.  I remember the first time I saw a clit that looked like a rose, a flower.  I was baffled as to how I should wax around this thing.  Now, 3 years later, I just move it out of my way.  Wax on. Wax off. 
The thing about waxing, is as a professional, I can’t really have any reaction.  When my client gets on the table, there are times that I think “omg!  Look at that!”  or “That is the hairiest  vag I’ve ever seen.  WHERE DO I START?”  I suppose the worst surprise has been a little hitchhiker on the backside, if you know what I mean.  Maybe you don’t know.  Ok, how about a little dingle berry?  They didn’t really teach that in school.  Now the standard response to this unpleasant surprise is you get one “oopsie”.  If by the second wax you have a dirty crack, I simply say “waxing works best on a clean surface, it is best to get the soap in all the cracks and crevices” (I learned this from the Wax Queen) and we move on.  Really, if you are going to be getting your vagina waxed, it would be courteous to take a shower before coming in.   

So, tip of the day:  Wash your vagina and butt crack before you come in for a wax! And always check for toilet paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment