10/29/10

Your total for today is farty dollars...

I love my job!  I really do.  I am grateful.  I try to hold space as a professional, but also keep it comfortable and light.  I find many estheticians are not comfortable with Brazilian waxing, and therefore their clients can feel the awkwardness coming from them.  That is not me!  When my clients come in, I say "ok, no foreplay up at ELDO, bottoms off, and on the table."  It's like catching up with a girlfriend every 4 weeks.  I tell my monthly story, she tells hers.  Sometimes it's serious, and other times it lots of giggling.  Then comes time to wax the butt crack.  I explain to my new clients, that I will put them on all fours, kind of like the cow position in yoga.  If she is not into yoga then it will be explained kind of like doggy style.  I also explain that the nature of the part we are waxing produces a lot of heat.  When this happens it takes longer for the wax to set up.  I will lay the wax down and then walk to the front of the table while the wax sets up so I am not talking into her butt.  If I try to pull to early, then I will be picking wax out of her asshole, and that is NOT fun for anyone. 

Easy enough.  This week one of  my favorite clients was on the table,  I am laying wax on one side of her butt crack.  We are chit chatting having a good time...and then two things...I see a little pucker, and then a noise..Blpppph...I said, did you just fart?  Of course she was devastated, but I was laughing too hard to care...as the trauma was just setting in, Blppppph....and her worst nightmare has come true. Twice!  

The truth is, if you wax long enough or if you get waxed long enough, this is bound to happen. 

When it came time to pay, I said, "your total today is FARTY dollars.  (usually forty)..

Nothing but fun..no funny..times up at ELDO.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel!
    You're one of a kind!
    LOVE the blog.
    and when I feel the call to wax you know I'll be heading your way!
    Cindy Morris

    ReplyDelete